UPDATE: FERC approves Spectra pipeline, with conditions
May 22, 2012
JERSEY CITY AND BEYOND – The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) today unanimously approved, with conditions, the New Jersey-New York Project proposed by Texas-based Spectra Energy. The federal agency approved the controversial project weeks earlier than had been anticipated.
To read FERC’s full 44-page ruling, visit the agency’s eLibrary at:
http://www.ferc.gov/EventCalendar/Files/20120521182749-CP11-56-000.pdf For more than a year FERC has been evaluating an application from Spectra Energy to build a 19.8-mile natural gas pipeline that would be routed through much of Jersey City and near sensitive infrastructure.
Breaking News! FERC Approves Spectra Pipeline!
Monday, May 21, 2012
FERC has approved the Spectra Pipeline 3 weeks ahead of the earliest anticipated date, apparently reacting to requests for expedited approval from Con Ed, PSC and the (NYC’s)Mayor’s Office.
Excerpts from the 68-page document, for your reading displeasure:
May 21, 2012, Certificates of public convenience and necessity are issued to Texas Eastern and to Algonquin, authorizing the construction and operation of the NJ-NY Project facilities.
Texas Eastern estimates the cost of its portion of the NJ-NY Project to be $789,493,884. Algonquin estimates that the cost of its portion of the project will be $67,524,524. Texas Eastern proposes to charge incremental recourse rates for firm and interruptible transportation service to recover the costs associated with the construction of the proposed facilities as well as the leased capacity.
in deciding whether to authorize major new natural gas transportation facilities, the Commission balances public benefits against potential adverse consequences.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MCM talks about Forbidden Bookshelf (dynamite interview with Peter B. Collins)
- St. Louis cops pick off another citizen, then lie about it (VIDEO)
- This is the way the world ends—not with a bang, but a Happy Meal
- Those robo-cops in Ferguson—and not just there—are out to kill the poor (MUST-READ by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
- Detroit protesters win a moratorium on water shutoff, call for probe of vast corruption
- Defective Airbag on More Americans think Snowden is a patriot than a traitor
- wine bar lakeland on More Americans think Snowden is a patriot than a traitor
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev's trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Fukushima is still poisoning the world
- Why are all those trolls out there? NYTimes' Fahrad Manjoo blames "incivility"—not the state or corporations
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.