UPDATE: FERC approves Spectra pipeline, with conditions
May 22, 2012
JERSEY CITY AND BEYOND – The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) today unanimously approved, with conditions, the New Jersey-New York Project proposed by Texas-based Spectra Energy. The federal agency approved the controversial project weeks earlier than had been anticipated.
To read FERC’s full 44-page ruling, visit the agency’s eLibrary at:
http://www.ferc.gov/EventCalendar/Files/20120521182749-CP11-56-000.pdf For more than a year FERC has been evaluating an application from Spectra Energy to build a 19.8-mile natural gas pipeline that would be routed through much of Jersey City and near sensitive infrastructure.
Breaking News! FERC Approves Spectra Pipeline!
Monday, May 21, 2012
FERC has approved the Spectra Pipeline 3 weeks ahead of the earliest anticipated date, apparently reacting to requests for expedited approval from Con Ed, PSC and the (NYC’s)Mayor’s Office.
Excerpts from the 68-page document, for your reading displeasure:
May 21, 2012, Certificates of public convenience and necessity are issued to Texas Eastern and to Algonquin, authorizing the construction and operation of the NJ-NY Project facilities.
Texas Eastern estimates the cost of its portion of the NJ-NY Project to be $789,493,884. Algonquin estimates that the cost of its portion of the project will be $67,524,524. Texas Eastern proposes to charge incremental recourse rates for firm and interruptible transportation service to recover the costs associated with the construction of the proposed facilities as well as the leased capacity.
in deciding whether to authorize major new natural gas transportation facilities, the Commission balances public benefits against potential adverse consequences.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nobel Peace Prize chairman (finally) gets what he deserves for giving one to Pres. Obama
- Coke pulls German-language ad that seems nostalgic for “the Good Old Times” when Hitler ruled
- Someone needs to put saltpeter in Joe Biden’s coffee
- After “one viewer” complains, RT faces UK inquiry over “anti-Western” comments in TV debate about Ukraine
- Venezuela claims that captured US pilot (?) was “recruiting citizens to stage a coup”
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Gitmo on Lake Michigan: Chicago PD's "black site" is a glaring crime against the Bill of Rights
- Where the money goes at NYU
- alias Bruce
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Mainstream Baptist
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.