Below is an email from Mary Magnuson, a MoveOn member in Brookfield, Wisconsin, who created a petition on SignOn.org, the nonprofit site that allows anyone to start their own online petition.
Dear MoveOn member,
As a Wisconsin progressive working day and night for the recall of Scott Walker, I’m shocked: The Democratic National Committee still isn’t giving financial support to the recall fight in Wisconsin.
After more than a year of grassroots efforts, Wisconsin citizens have accomplished more than anyone thought possible. We now have a Democratic challenger to Scott Walker who is neck and neck in the polls, even though Tom Barrett is being outspent by Walker’s millions from out-of-state donations.
There is no more time for the Democratic National Committee to wait—if Walker wins, it would be a huge setback to Democrats in races across the country this year. We need the DNC’s support immediately!
That’s why I created a petition on SignOn.org to DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, which says:
Democratic National Committee and Debbie Wasserman Schultz, invest now in the crucial fight to remove Scott Walker from office in Wisconsin—the people have worked hard and it’s time to help.
Will you sign the petition? Click here to add your name, and then pass it along to your friends:
1. “EXCLUSIVE: Wisconsin Dems furious with DNC for refusing to invest big money in Walker recall,” The Washington Post, May 15, 2012 — http://www.moveon.org/r?r=275547&id=41481-956185-bACvu_x&t=3
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.