Is it a university, or just a corporation?
The case of NYU’s expansion plan
A panel sponsored by Truthout and News from Underground
Author of New York for Sale
Author of Bird on Fire
Author of University, Inc.
CUNY, Brooklyn College
Author of Naked Cities
Moderated by Mark Crispin Miller, NYU
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
McNally Jackson Bookstore
52 Prince St.
New York, NY
“News from Underground” is hosted by Mark Crispin Miller, a professor at NYU and author of many books on politics and cultural history. In these tense times, there are many topics of extreme importance that the corporate media tends to ignore or misreport. “News from Underground” is a monthly series of panels that will deal honestly with these forbidden issues.
Miller will moderate a panel discussion, “Is It a University, or Just a Corporation? The Case of NYU’s Expansion Plan,” with Andrew Ross (Nice Work If You Can Get It and Bird on Fire), Tom Angotti (New York for Sale), Sharon Zukin (Naked Cities) and Jennifer Washburn (University Inc.)
NYU Faculty Against the Sexton Plan (NYUFASP)
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.