Is it a university, or just a corporation?
The case of NYU’s expansion plan
A panel sponsored by Truthout and News from Underground
Author of New York for Sale
Author of Bird on Fire
Author of University, Inc.
CUNY, Brooklyn College
Author of Naked Cities
Moderated by Mark Crispin Miller, NYU
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
McNally Jackson Bookstore
52 Prince St.
New York, NY
“News from Underground” is hosted by Mark Crispin Miller, a professor at NYU and author of many books on politics and cultural history. In these tense times, there are many topics of extreme importance that the corporate media tends to ignore or misreport. “News from Underground” is a monthly series of panels that will deal honestly with these forbidden issues.
Miller will moderate a panel discussion, “Is It a University, or Just a Corporation? The Case of NYU’s Expansion Plan,” with Andrew Ross (Nice Work If You Can Get It and Bird on Fire), Tom Angotti (New York for Sale), Sharon Zukin (Naked Cities) and Jennifer Washburn (University Inc.)
NYU Faculty Against the Sexton Plan (NYUFASP)
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Howling over Putin’s crimes (?), US backs the killers in Ukraine and Gaza
- Why do university administrators get paid so much (and for doing WHAT, exactly)?
- How natural gas—Obama’s panacea—-makes global warming WORSE
- FL cop forces drunk man to move his car, then shoots him dead when he bumps into other cars
- US press sets the stage for “proof” that rebels shot down MH17, though US intel doesn’t back that story
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Six ways in which the MSM deludes Americans with whopping lies (MUST-READ)
- Lest we forget: US shot down a civilian airliner, killing 290 people; then lied about it (and never apologized)
- Mortality rate at Goldman Sachs spikes yet AGAIN as managing director dies in "kite surfing accident"
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.