Is it a university, or just a corporation?
The case of NYU’s expansion plan
A panel sponsored by Truthout and News from Underground
Author of New York for Sale
Author of Bird on Fire
Author of University, Inc.
CUNY, Brooklyn College
Author of Naked Cities
Moderated by Mark Crispin Miller, NYU
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
McNally Jackson Bookstore
52 Prince St.
New York, NY
“News from Underground” is hosted by Mark Crispin Miller, a professor at NYU and author of many books on politics and cultural history. In these tense times, there are many topics of extreme importance that the corporate media tends to ignore or misreport. “News from Underground” is a monthly series of panels that will deal honestly with these forbidden issues.
Miller will moderate a panel discussion, “Is It a University, or Just a Corporation? The Case of NYU’s Expansion Plan,” with Andrew Ross (Nice Work If You Can Get It and Bird on Fire), Tom Angotti (New York for Sale), Sharon Zukin (Naked Cities) and Jennifer Washburn (University Inc.)
NYU Faculty Against the Sexton Plan (NYUFASP)
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massive protest fails to halt tuition hikes at UC
- TPP will let corporations rule the world—and so the corporate press has blacked it out…
- Cult-like corporation takes a shot at freedom of the press
- UK students offer model for the world, by marching for “free education”
- Testing for Ebola in a New York minute!
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- US news blackout on Ebola death in Brooklyn?
- US votes AGAINST resolution condemning the glorification of Nazism
- How the Israel lobby protected Ukraine's neo-Nazis
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Mainstream Baptist
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.