Is it a university, or just a corporation?
The case of NYU’s expansion plan
A panel sponsored by Truthout and News from Underground
Author of New York for Sale
Author of Bird on Fire
Author of University, Inc.
CUNY, Brooklyn College
Author of Naked Cities
Moderated by Mark Crispin Miller, NYU
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
McNally Jackson Bookstore
52 Prince St.
New York, NY
“News from Underground” is hosted by Mark Crispin Miller, a professor at NYU and author of many books on politics and cultural history. In these tense times, there are many topics of extreme importance that the corporate media tends to ignore or misreport. “News from Underground” is a monthly series of panels that will deal honestly with these forbidden issues.
Miller will moderate a panel discussion, “Is It a University, or Just a Corporation? The Case of NYU’s Expansion Plan,” with Andrew Ross (Nice Work If You Can Get It and Bird on Fire), Tom Angotti (New York for Sale), Sharon Zukin (Naked Cities) and Jennifer Washburn (University Inc.)
NYU Faculty Against the Sexton Plan (NYUFASP)
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Detroit protesters win a moratorium on water shutoff, call for probe of vast corruption
- Another view of why the CDC owns that patent on Ebola
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev’s trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Why are all those trolls out there? NYTimes’ Fahrad Manjoo blames “incivility”—not the state or corporations
- Fukushima is still poisoning the world
- best toddler booster car seat on Election fraud or “voter fraud”? Jonathan Simon wipes the floor with vote-blocker Hans von Spakovsky
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Bestblurayplayerreviews2014.com on Why is Disney sucking up to the far right?
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Working Hay Day Hacks on Big Pharma’s faking a “grass-roots” campaign to keep Jenny McCarthy off “The View”
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev's trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- "The Laramie Project" is a potent propaganda fantasy about the life and death of Matthew Shepard
- Without net neutrality, we wouldn't know what's happening in Ferguson...
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.