Is it a university, or just a corporation?
The case of NYU’s expansion plan
A panel sponsored by Truthout and News from Underground
Author of New York for Sale
Author of Bird on Fire
Author of University, Inc.
CUNY, Brooklyn College
Author of Naked Cities
Moderated by Mark Crispin Miller, NYU
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
McNally Jackson Bookstore
52 Prince St.
New York, NY
“News from Underground” is hosted by Mark Crispin Miller, a professor at NYU and author of many books on politics and cultural history. In these tense times, there are many topics of extreme importance that the corporate media tends to ignore or misreport. “News from Underground” is a monthly series of panels that will deal honestly with these forbidden issues.
Miller will moderate a panel discussion, “Is It a University, or Just a Corporation? The Case of NYU’s Expansion Plan,” with Andrew Ross (Nice Work If You Can Get It and Bird on Fire), Tom Angotti (New York for Sale), Sharon Zukin (Naked Cities) and Jennifer Washburn (University Inc.)
NYU Faculty Against the Sexton Plan (NYUFASP)
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Kati Marton on “The Polk Conspiracy”—a gem on the Forbidden Bookshelf (MUST-READ)
- MI5’s fat file on Eric Hobsbawm included stuff the Nazis had collected on him
- Under TPP, the power of international investors will be ABSOLUTE—and ObamaCo has lied and lied about it
- Did NYU hire a private eye to dig for dirt on one of its professors, and a NYTimes reporter? (Looks like it….)
- Top US scientists—those working at Los Alamos—say NO to vaccines for their kids
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats won't say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein---and neither will Republicans! (How come?)
- What happened to WSJ oil reporter David Bird? (Last week they found his body, after 14 months)
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.