Lincoln Davis fights back against suppression tactics that prevented him from voting in Tennessee
March 8, 2012
Keith checks in with Lincoln Davis, a former four-term congressman from Tennessee, to hear an insider’s perspective on voter-suppression tactics in the state. When he attempted to vote in Tennessee’s primary on Tuesday, Davis was told he was not registered and was turned away from the polls. “I may have lost the election after serving four terms in the U.S. House for Fentress County, but I didn’t lose my right to vote.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You know that FBI “smoking gun” video of the Tsarnaev brothers planting that bomb? You don’t, because there isn’t one….
- Nobel Peace Prize chairman (finally) gets what he deserves for giving one to Pres. Obama
- Coke pulls German-language ad that seems nostalgic for “the Good Old Times” when Hitler ruled
- Someone needs to put saltpeter in Joe Biden’s coffee
- After “one viewer” complains, RT faces UK inquiry over “anti-Western” comments in TV debate about Ukraine
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- You know that FBI "smoking gun" video of the Tsarnaev brothers planting that bomb? You don't, because there isn't one....
- Gitmo on Lake Michigan: Chicago PD's "black site" is a glaring crime against the Bill of Rights
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.