Lincoln Davis fights back against suppression tactics that prevented him from voting in Tennessee
March 8, 2012
Keith checks in with Lincoln Davis, a former four-term congressman from Tennessee, to hear an insider’s perspective on voter-suppression tactics in the state. When he attempted to vote in Tennessee’s primary on Tuesday, Davis was told he was not registered and was turned away from the polls. “I may have lost the election after serving four terms in the U.S. House for Fentress County, but I didn’t lose my right to vote.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Top US “journalists” helped Obama hone his (propaganda) speech on ISIS
- The latest evidence that Scotland VOTED NO
- A more extensive video on the (rigged?) Scottish vote
- Was Scotland’s referendum rigged—and was it caught on tape?
- Why Earth demands this march in New York City: A reply to Arun Gupta
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites--unless you pay extra
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Clear Channel ends "Green 960" in San Francisco; KKGN's new line-up will include Glenn Beck
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.