This “job growth” is a propaganda fantasy…
Friday, March 9, 2012, 10:05 AM PST
Obama hails another month of job growth, says nation must keep its ‘economic engine churning’
Our “Let’s Pretend” Economy: Let’s Pretend “Job Growth Is Best Since 2006”
Instead of just swallowing Ministry of Propaganda swill, let’s examine actual data. If we do that, we find job growth is mostly smoke and mirrors.
The Ministry of Propaganda and its media minions are announcing that “job growth is on a tear” and the “best growth since 2006.” How about we look under the hood of the employment euphoria? Here is an example of the Ministry’s work: Best U.S. employment growth in 12 years Almost all the data agree — labor market’s on a tear.
One Comment to ““Another month of job growth,” huh? On what planet?”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.