From Kim Kaufman:
Thom Hartmann on his show pointed out that withdrawal by advertisers from Rush’s show generally results in them pulling their ads for all “controversial” or potentially controversial shows — which includes progressive talk as well. He, and Sam Seder as well, have said that Air America was basically blackballed by advertisers during their run. Thom said that it’s better to call the stations directly to complain and ask them to remove the offensive show. I would add that it’s probably best to write the station and copy the FCC. The complaint should go in their public file and be reviewed when their license comes up for renewal.
“Remember, it’s only class war when we fight back.” Susie Madrack
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.