From Kim Kaufman:
Thom Hartmann on his show pointed out that withdrawal by advertisers from Rush’s show generally results in them pulling their ads for all “controversial” or potentially controversial shows — which includes progressive talk as well. He, and Sam Seder as well, have said that Air America was basically blackballed by advertisers during their run. Thom said that it’s better to call the stations directly to complain and ask them to remove the offensive show. I would add that it’s probably best to write the station and copy the FCC. The complaint should go in their public file and be reviewed when their license comes up for renewal.
“Remember, it’s only class war when we fight back.” Susie Madrack
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.