Madison Politiscope: Fitzgerald campaign submits bizarre, inaccurate signature challenges
JACK CRAVER | The Capital Times | Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:45 am
Jack Craver joined The Capital Times as a political reporter in January 2012. As a UW-Madison student, he founded a local political blog, The Sconz, which became a popular source of news and commentary on campus, city and state issues. Madison Politiscope offers updates and insight into the world of politics, from the local level to state government. Follow his
Is it too much to ask a citizen to legibly fill out his name and address? A glimpse of the petitions submitted to recall Sen. Scott Fitzgerald, R-Juneau, suggests that it might be.
However, the poor penmanship and geographic ignorance that seems to afflict many in the 13th Senate District is not quite as surprising as the sloppiness and apparent ineptitude that define the Fitzgerald campaign’s petition challenges.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.