From Ellen LaVan Schindler:
1) Voter fraud law draws demonstrators in Tampa
WWSB ABC 7
The law, aimed at preventing voter fraud, drew people on both sides of the issue, who demonstrated before the hearing of a US Senate Judiciary sub-committee, as Senator Nelson requested, to highlight what he and other Democrats believe make it harder … See all stories on this topic »
2) Protesters at voter suppression hearing say it’s about voter fraud, not …
Palm Beach Post by Andrew Abramson | January 27th, 2012 TAMPA — protesters outside today’s US Judiciary Sub-Committee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Human Rights in Tampa, said House Bill 1355 is not about voter suppression, but about countering voter fraud.
See all stories on this topic »
3) Suppressing votes or preventing fraud?
MyFox Tampa Bay
The heated battle over new voter rules spilled over in downtown Tampa. The new voter laws that the governor signed off on in may have to do with early voting and signing up new voters. The new rules are said to be designed to prevent voter fraud, … See all stories on this topic »
4) Voter ID bills decried by Democrats advance Richmond Times Dispatch
“I don’t know why we have this bill in front of us if we don’t have documented cases of voter fraud or problems at the polling place,” added Del. Kenneth C. Alexander, D-Norfolk. Republicans argued that the bill is a common-sense solution to a problem … See all stories on this topic »
5) Iowa secretary of state proposes voter ID plan
Iowa City Press Citizen
Jeff Danielson, a Cedar Falls Democrat and chairman of the State Government Committee, said there’s no evidence voter fraud is a problem in Iowa or has ever affected the outcome of an election. Schultz’s latest bill also will go through his committee.
See all stories on this topic »
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Early America
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.