New grants available to investigative reporters
Kevin Roderick • January 31 2012 11:58 PM
The George Polk Program at Long Island University wants to help experienced journalists finish — or get started on — that investigative project that is crying out to be done. Grants are expected to range from $2,500 to $10,000. They will offer up an editor and help placing the story — on the Web, in print or on the air.
This program is aimed at reporters with a proven track record of investigative work, especially those who have been laid off, furloughed or taken retirement. We are looking for applicants who have long dreamt of following up a specific story and need a little assistance to run it down.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.