If you haven’t already done so, you really may want sign this petition.O’Keefe (below) is also the guy who got the head of NPR fired when O’Keefe people recorded the NPR Funding Chairman saying negative things about the Republicans over a private dinner. The former NPR head was a good Progressive who had been at NPR since its beginning in the mid 1960s, and understood the non-partisan nature of the broadcast network, who was pro-American people ( and OK with corporations doing business, but not running government and the country), and who supported the democracy-building purpose of NPR and public broadcasting. Therefore the Neo-Cons wanted to get rid of her.The Republicans need to know that the laws apply to them, too.
Ka, please sign the petition calling for an investigation of James O’Keefe for committing voter fraud in New Hampshire.
James O’Keefe, the right-wing prankster who became famous for a doctored video that led to the downfall of ACORN, recently coordinated a stunt to obtain ballots in the New Hampshire primary using the names of dead people.
His goal was to prove that strict voter ID laws are necessary. However, what he and his associates did was illegal:
Hamline University law professor David Schultz told TPM that there’s “no doubt” that O’Keefe’s investigators violated the law.
“In either case, if they were intentionally going in and trying to fraudulently obtain a ballot, they violated the law,” Schultz said. “So right off the bat, what they did violated the law.”
O’Keefe and his co-conspirators were also incredibly insensitive:
Activist filmmaker James O’Keefe secretly recorded video showing his operative using Roger Groux’s name and address to obtain a Republican ballot at Manchester polls Tuesday. The U.S. Navy veteran died Dec. 31 at an assisted living home. His family held funeral services Monday, his widow said. “Oh my God, I know what he would say, ‘Call the cops, call the police,’ ” Rachel Groux said.
James O’Keefe has made a living using lies to ruin the lives of others. Now he should be investigated for a repulsive, open-and-shut case of voter fraud.
Sign the petition calling for an investigation of James O’Keefe. We are working with allies to deliver it the New Hampshire Attorney General next week.
Campaign Director, Daily Kos
One Comment to “James O’Keefe committed voter fraud in New Hampshire—and he should pay for it!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.