These donations are tax-deductible 501(c)(4) educational contributions.
from Jared Irmas:
To the readers of News from Underground:
It’s not every day that I can share with you something truly exciting about law school. Most of my time is spent either in class or in the library, but thanks to a brand new student organization that I co-founded on campus, I’m actually getting students to represent real clients in need of urgent legal assistance.
USC’s Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP) has given dozens of USC law students the opportunity to represent an Iraqi refugee seeking to leave the Middle East and start a new life free of persecution and fear. As USC-IRAP’s Vice President of Development, I’ve helped grow what started as a modest student project into a thriving international undertaking, involving the efforts of over forty students, twenty practicing attorneys, and the support of USC Law faculty.
The work IRAP does is important. As U.S. troops pack up and return home from the war in Iraq, the lives of those Iraqis who assisted them with translation and intelligence are seriously at risk. Families on the wrong side of the religious and political divide face near-daily threats to their safety. In order to continue representing these clients, we need to raise more money in order to meet our legal costs.
IRAP is an organization wholly run by students like me – without any financial support from USC. Would you please consider donating to help us continue our work? Please click here to read more about IRAP, and scroll down to quickly and easily donate to IRAP from your credit card.
Any donation you’re willing to make will go a long way in ensuring that IRAP continues to offer students this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.