It looks like Romney didn’t “win” by 8 votes, but lost by 12, due to a miscount of 20 votes in Appanoose County.
So much for Karl Rove’s “prediction”—on Fox “News,” early on Election Night—of a Romney “victory” by 14 votes.
Funny how Rove “got it right” by virtue of a miscount (or “miscount”).
Rove: Big Win for Romney in Iowa
(That’s how Fox “News” played Mitt’s seeming victory—as a “Big Win” by 8 votes.)
In any case, this moment goes to show that our elections are much safer when we use hand-counted paper ballots than the faith-based electronic system that’s in place almost everywhere today. While it is always possible, of course, to steal elections using HCPB, it’s vastly easier to hide all evidence of fraud when you have private vendors “counting” ballots by computer—i.e., behind closed doors. Mitt’s “Big Win” would never have been questioned if those corporate players had managed it.
This, of course, is why the GOP used HCPB in Iowa, since they did not want any of their factions stealing that election—while they do not want HCPB used in the general elections, which they’d have way more trouble stealing from the Democrats with paper ballots counted, one by one, out in the open.
Why don’t the Democrats see this?
BREAKING: Paul Supporter Alleges Inaccurate GOP Results
Mean Santorum, Not Romney, Winner of Iowa Caucus
Thanks to the transparent, open counting process at Tuesday’s night’s Iowa GOP Caucuses, and a Ron Paul supporter who was paying close attention to the results, we may now be learning that Rick Santorum, not Mitt Romney, actually won the “First-in-the-Nation” Iowa Caucuses this week.
According to a report tonight from television station KCCI NewsChannel 8 in Des Moines, Edward True, a supporter of Paul’s says he participated in the counting at the Washington Wells caucus in Appanoose County and wrote down the results he witnessed there on a piece of paper which he posted to Facebook that night. Later, in comparing his totals to the precinct results made available on the Iowa GOP website, he noticed that Romney is shown as receiving 22 votes at that precinct, rather than the 2 that True recorded him as receiving that night at the caucus.
If True is correct, and if not other anomalies are discovered in the coming days, it would mean that Santorum will have won the Iowa Caucuses by 12 votes, rather than lost it to Romney by 8, as reported by the GOP in the early morning hours on Wednesday…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9044
One Comment to “So Romney LOST in Iowa? If so, we’d never know it if those ballots had been “counted” by computer…”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.