From Kim Kaufman:
Below is a letter I received from the White House last week. Obama clearly lays out his plan to privatize Social Security. He is “working hard to strengthen our retirement system. That is why I am committed to protecting Social Security – (Note: he is NOT raising the cap, the most obvious solution for a system that does not need “fixing” for about 35 years.) He says, “Social Security cannot be subjected to risky privatization plans” yet “We are laying the foundation for all individuals to participate in workplace retirement accounts.”
His “healthy skies” message, like Bush’s when he was making favorable policy for polluters, would not seem like a good message in an election year where, presumably, he is hoping for a majority of the 99% to vote for him. I find it insulting he seems to think we’re flat out stupid.
“Remember, it’s only class war when we fight back.” Susie Madrack
From: The White House [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:01 PM
Subject: Response to Your Message
9 Comments to “Obama will destroy Social Security in order to “save” it.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.