Thorp woman arrested for destroying recall sign
By THE HERALD | Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2011
A Thorp woman expressed her anger towards local recall efforts by tearing up a recall sign.
According to the Chippewa Falls Police, Mary Jean Dezurik, 68, parked her white minivan by a group of recall volunteers shortly before 10 a.m. at the intersection of N. Bridge and W. River streets in Chippewa Falls.
After stopping, witnesses said she grabbed one of the signs, tore it up, threw it on the ground and drove away.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.