The only progressive AM talk radio station, Green960, in one of the nation’s most progressive cities, San Francisco, may be allowed to stay on the public airwaves after all in the 2012 Presidential Election year!
Last week we detailed corporate radio giant Clear Channel’s plans to remove Green960 (call letters KKGN) from the AM dial and send it to the radio ghetto otherwise known as “HD2”, a band that requires a special receiver that very few people actually own. Adding insult to injury, the 960 spot on the AM dial would be replaced with Glenn Beck and other Rightwing talkers from Clear Channel’s “conservative” talk station “Fox News Radio KNEW” which is currently on 910, but would move to the 960 frequency.
In the 910 slot, Clear Channel had planned to launch a new talk station, which would also include some Fox talkers, branded as “San Francisco’s Talk 910 KKSF”.
If plans move ahead as previously announced, the end result would be that — except for progressive talker Randi Rhodes, who is syndicated by Clear Channel’s syndication arm Premier Broadcasting and who would be allowed to keep her live Noon-3p PT slot on both the new KNEW 960, as well as the “HD2” schedule where the current Green960 line-up would be sent to — there would be no progressive AM talk station on the air in San Francisco.
The entire shuffle was set to occur at the beginning of the 2012 Presidential Election year on January 3rd, a move that had raised at least a few eyebrows, as Clear Channel is now owned by the Mitt Romney-founded venture capital firm, Bain Capital LLC.
Well, now that entire plan, according to one industry website and several insider sources I’ve spoken to today, may be on hold and Green960’s popular line-up of progressive talkers like Rhodes, Stephanie Miller, Thom Hartmann, Norman Goldman, Mike Malloy (for whom I am a regular guest-host, including on tonight’s show), and others may be allowed to stay on the AM air after all!…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=8994
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.