US targets WikiLeaks like no other organisation
December 3, 2011
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange talks during a news conference in central London. Photo: AP
WIKILEAKS is the target of an ”unprecedented” US government criminal investigation, Australian diplomatic cables obtained by the Herald reveal.
The cables also show the Australian government wants to be forewarned about moves to extradite Julian Assange to the United States, but that Australian diplomats raised no concerns about him being pursued by prosecutors on charges of espionage and conspiracy.
One Comment to “WikiLeaks the target of “unprecedented” US criminal investigation”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.