Another one bites the dust!
Paul Schurick, the GOP operative convicted of vote suppression in Maryland last week, is not the first Republican to stand convicted, or exposed, for doing what the GOP has long and lividly accused the Democrats of doing. For example, do a search on Ann Coulter + voter fraud (in Florida), or Clay County + voter fraud (Kentucky), or YPM + voter fraud (California). Just to name a few.
What you’ll find is that the GOP has perpetrated far more voter fraud (as well as election fraud) than ACORN ever did—ACORN having been itself quite innocent of voter fraud; and yet ACORN was eventually destroyed, in part because of that Big Lie.
And that Big Lie still rules, as voter ID legislation has been passed throughout the country—to keep Democrats from voting, in the name of “clean elections.”
Who’s Really Committing Voter Fraud? (Video)
by Paul Canning
December 12, 2011
The conviction of a Republican operative has thrown the spotlight onto who is really committing voter fraud in the US.
Right-wing news outlets have been claiming for years that liberal groups such as ACORN are behind ‘massive’ voter fraud operations. Despite investigations by the Justice Department only showing a tiny number of proven cases (86) over the past decade, Republican legislators in twelve states have passed legislation, on the basis of supposed fraud, restricting voting.
Paul Schurick, an aide to former Maryland Republican Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr., was convicted last week of attempted voter suppression.
3 Comments to “Who’s REALLY committing voter fraud? (Three guesses!)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.