Netanyahu’s vengeance sends a message to Israeli journalists
Coalition members bring down the ax on the channel, sending its workers to the unemployment line because of a minor technicality.
By Yossi VerterTags: Knesset Benjamin Netanyahu
A typical 40 minutes late, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and a group of his advisers entered the Likud faction’s room in the Knesset on Monday, smiles of victory on their faces. In the nearby Knesset Economic Affairs Committee room lay the metaphorical body of Channel 10.
A short while earlier, coalition members had brought down the ax on the channel, sending its workers to the unemployment line because of a minor technicality, refusing to postpone a debt of some NIS 45 million.
This is social justice in the Netanyahu era: There will always be work for 38 ministers and deputy ministers, but for a news company that dared to annoy some of those ministers – particularly the prime minister and his wife, who, as we know, are beyond reproach – there is no future and no hope.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- William Betz
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.