From Jonathan Simon of the Election Defense Alliance:
Mark, just a quick gloss on this:
“As the Election Defense Alliance showed in a meticulous analysis, Brown ‘won’ handily (by over 5%) wherever votes were counted electronically—but, in those few districts where the ballots were hand-counted in the open, Scott Brown lost to Martha Coakley (by almost 3%).”
Although the number of ballots counted by hand was just a couple of percent of the total in the state, there were actually a lot more than a “few” districts (71 out of a total of 351) where that hand-counting took place. The phrase “those few districts” could leave the impression that the hand-count/machine-count disparity derived from only a tiny subset of voters. In fact, the hand-count “sample” was not only huge in statistical terms, but also fairly extensive geographically (i.e., not just a couple of weird enclaves).
The real statistical point of our analysis was that the hand-count voters were to the right of what would have been a random, representative sample. If the sample had been representative, the odds against an 8% marginal spread between hand-counts and opscan counts were truly astronomical (literally quadrillions to one); and the “sample” was to the right of that, which only increased those odds. That is as close to numerical “proof” as it gets.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.