UC Davis Pepper Spray Investigation Lead By Group That Works For Wall Street Firms (LIVE UPDATES)
First Posted: 12/ 1/11 01:26 PM ET Updated: 12/ 1/11 03:25 PM ET
WASHINGTON — Faculty in the University of California system said this week that the group appointed to lead an investigation into the controversial pepper-spraying incident on the UC Davis campus is far from independent.
On Nov. 18, student protesters at UC Davis werepepper-sprayed at close range by campus police while demonstrating against tuition hikes. Footage of the event went viral and the police chief and two officers involved have since been put on leave. In response to the controversial actions, UC Davis Chancellor Linda Katehi called for an independent investigation.
“Multiple investigations and reviews are underway to learn why police — despite my explicit instructions that no force be used in removing tents and other equipment from the area — elected to employ pepper spray. But let me again be clear: it was absolutely wrong and unnecessary,” Katehi said in a message sent to students on Nov. 23.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.