Cuz if ANYBODY’s going to hack those caucuses, it’s gonna be Republicans, God damn it! (Doesn’t anyone respect tradition any more??)
By Brad Friedman on 12/19/2011 2:10pm
GOP Fears Iowa Caucus May be Hacked Following Purported Video Threat by ‘Anonymous’
Last minute ‘security by obscurity’ defense unlikely to ensure integrity of results…
Well, whaddaya know? Suddenly, after all these years of warnings from The BRAD BLOG that electronic voting systems are exceedingly vulnerable to manipulation by insider election officials as well as outside hackers from almost anywhere, such as China or Iran or even al Qaeda, the GOP is now worried about electronic vote hacking in their Iowa Caucuses on January 3rd.
“Their fear”, as AP reports today, is triggered by little more than a two-minute video posted on the Internet in early November, purportedly created by the “hacktivist” collective known as Anonymous, calling on members, in a trademark computer-generated voice, to “peacefully shut down the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses.” [The complete video is posted at the end of this article.]
Progressive radio and television host Thom Hartmann covered the AP story on his radio show this morning, suggesting that while the GOP may have concerns about Anonymous shutting down or manipulating the results of the Iowa caucuses, they may also attempt to use the opportunity of heightened security to ensure that Republican candidate Ron Paul is not named the winner. A poll released last night by Public Policy Polling (PPP) shows Paul vaulting into the lead in Iowa, as previous front-runner Newt Gingrich’s numbers have collapsed in the Hawkeye State. Paul now leads over Romney in Iowa, according to PPP’s poll, with 23%, followed by Romney at 20% and Gingrich at 14%.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.