“Will the people of Massachusetts,” asks Simon Johnson, “really fall for such blatant and complete deception?”
The emphasis is mine: Will the people really fall for Rove’s outrageous lies, and “re-elect” Scott Brown; or will Brown “win” despite the will of the electorate?
A fair question, since Brown’s “win” in 2010 was already pretty fishy. As the Election Defense Alliance showed in a meticulous analysis, Brown “won” handily (by over 5%) wherever votes were counted electronically—but, in those few districts where the ballots were hand-counted in the open, Scott Brown lost to Martha Coakley (by almost 3%).
And, like nearly all elections in America today, that one was managed by a private corporation—LHS Programming—that did its “counting” secretly; and there was not a single audit or spot-check of the process, no recount, and, remarkably, no exit polls.
So Johnson’s question—Will the people in the Bay State really fall for those wild lies about Liz Warren?—is fair indeed, but not as Johnson meant it. What he meant was: “Will the people swallow Karl Rove’s lies, and vote against her?” When, in fact, the more important question is: “Will the people, having seen through Rove’s crapola, vote for Warren—but then see Brown ‘win’ anyway?”
And yet, important as that question is, Johnson—like the left in general —simply won’t consider it, no doubt deeming any such idea to be “conspiracy theory,” notwithstanding EDA’s strong evidence that there was something rotten in the State of Massachusetts on the day Brown “won” last year. And so it’s been with many “upset victories” by the right, whose right to serve has never once been questioned by the left, no matter how abundant and precise the evidence of fraud.
(Meanwhile, those who care about all this—and want to see Liz Warren win and get to serve us as a US Senator—can read EDA’s report at http://electiondefensealliance.org/files/BelieveIt_OrNot_100904.pdf.)
So here’s what makes Rove’s propaganda really dangerous: not that it will cloud the minds of Massachusetts’ stupid voters, but that it will be used to help “explain” why Warren “lost,” should the Republicans succeed in stealing that election, too.
The Baseline Scenario
What happened to the global economy and what we can do about it
Karl Rove’s Latest Attack On Elizabeth Warren
By Simon Johnson
Thursday, Dec 8, 2011
Elizabeth Warren: Wall Street’s best Marxist friend
Could his “independent advocacy” group please settle on one smear and stick with it?VIDEO
By Steve Kornacki
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.