Clear Channel Allows Progressives to Stay on Air in San Francisco, but Adds Beck to Line-Up
Green960, redubbed KNEW 960, to become ‘home of misfit, or at least mismatched, toys’, says one insider…
You might call it splitting the baby. Sort of.
Progressive radio will be allowed to remain on our public AM airwaves in San Francisco, though with major schedule shake-ups, the removal of its popular progressive branding and several bizarre additions to the line-up, including far Rightwing extremists such as former Fox “News” phenom Glenn Beck in the place of what had been one of Green960’s most popular morning shows.
The latest move in the strange back-and-forth saga follows on radio giant Clear Channel’s announcement just over two weeks ago, that Green960 — the only AM Progressive Talk Radio station on the dial in San Francisco, one of the nation’s most progressive cities — would be banished from the popular public airwaves and sent to the radio-ghetto of the little-known and even lesser-received HD2 band. Its progressive programming — featuring the likes of popular lefty-ish talkers such as Stephanie Miller, Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, Norman Goldman and Mike Malloy — would be replaced (with the exception of Rhodes, who is syndicated by Clear Channel’s Premiere Radio) by yet another so-called “conservative” talk station, featuring extremists such as Beck and other Fox “News” regulars.
The move by the media conglomerate, now owned by leading GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s Bain Capital, LLC, was to occur on January 3. The move would have left Rhodes as the only progressive voice on the entire AM dial in San Francisco, as of the first business day of the new Presidential Election year.
But a funny thing happened on the way to 2012 on Bay Area talk radio…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9001
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.