From Richard Tamm:
NO, the GMO food labeling law will NOT be on the ballot unless they get close to: “800,000 signatures“. And this will be very hard to accomplish with just volunteers. We tried it a few years ago with the California Democracy Act. However, that did not have the best of organizations, and we started collecting signatures late. There is a possibility this could get on the ballot. but it will take a lot of work, a lot of volunteers, a lot of organization, a lot of money – not just educating people to vote for it once it is on the ballot. Typically now, the only things that get on the ballot are initiatives where they have a few million to hire signature gatherers.
“I want to help win our right to know about genetically engineered foods in California!
Please contact me, so that I can meet up with local LabelGMOs.org supporters and attend a training session on how to fulfill my signature gathering pledge (required).
I understand that we’ll have about two and a half months for signature gathering, starting January 3, 2011, and ending April 18, 2012, and that, while we need to get 504,760 qualifying signatures to get on the ballot, we should count on gathering 800,000 to make sure we have enough valid signatures.
I can commit to gathering X signatures. That’s X signatures a week for X weeks.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.