Threats Made to National Teachers Unions Firm in Brookfield
Company and WEAC official report receiving threatening and harassing phone calls.
By Lisa Sink
Correction (Nov. 22): The FBI has not been monitoring a Brookfield-based national marketing firm that represents teachers unions. The original version of this story said FBI agents were in the business’s parking lot monitoring it after threats, but the agents were parked there for unrelated surveillance, Brookfield police said Tuesday. The Brookfield Patch regrets the error.
United Education Profession in Brookfield called police several times last week to report employees had receiving harassing, threatening phone calls.
The same week that an effort to recall Gov. Scott Walker was launched, employees of United Education Profession called police three times about threats and suspicious vehicles in its Burleigh Road parking lot.
The first recall Walker petitions were signed just after midnight Tuesday, and a rally and march was held Tuesday evening outside Walker’s Wauwatosa home. The rally was organized by We Are Milwaukee, whose spokesman Ted Kraig, is an employee with Council 10 of the Wisconsin Education Association Council, the state teachers union. The union is located in the same building as United Education Profession.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.