Governor, not police, informed of recall petition destruction
Posted: Nov 23, 2011 1:57 PM EST
By Tony Galli – bio
MADISON (WKOW) — Edgewood College officials notified the campus community of the destruction of a recall petition against Governor Walker, but a campus official said the police were not notified.
But on the twitter account of the student believed responsible for the potentially criminal act, a confessional message was sent to the governor’s account: “Today I ripped up a petition form to recall you.”
In an email to students and staff, Edgewood College Dean of Students Maggie Balistreri-Clarke wrote campus security was notified someone had destroyed a recall petition with signatures. The email notes such action is a felony crime.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- US forced Iraqis to buy seeds from Monsanto—and now we're ALL under the gun! (2)
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.