But bad news for Mississippi voters…
The voters of Maine appear to have registered a stinging rebuke to their Republican Governor and Legislature’s attempt to kill the state’s 38-year tradition of Election Day voter registration at the polling place.
As the Lewiston Sun Journal reported: “And it wasn’t close.”
That’s an understatement. The People’s Veto of the GOP bill was on the ballot tonight and, if the results are accurate as reported, the people of Maine couldn’t have been clearer. Question 1 has is said to have passed by a remarkable 61 to 39% 60 to 40% margin (with 90% 98% of the results in), quite literally winning in every single county in the state.
Moreover, the unequivocal results may be seen as a direct embarrassment to both Maine’s GOP chair and hit’s Republican Sec. of State who joined with the Governor and Legislature over the past months, in fostering bogus, unsubstantiated claims of “voter fraud” by legal student voters.
Maine’s paper-ballot election offered a stark contrast, however, from results being reported on another voting rights initiative on the ballot in Mississippi, where results are 100% unverifiable…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=8907
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.