|Dear Mark,The People have prevailed over Big Oil!
Today, the White House announced that it will NOT be approving the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline as most observers expected. Instead, the State Department will undertake a new and thorough review of the pipeline’s true environmental costs — exactly what you and I have been calling for all along.
What a huge victory for our environment, for people power and for hundreds of thousands of committed NRDC activists like you, who have carried this fight to the White House and beseeched the President — against all odds — to do the right thing.
You have been heard! Despite unimaginable pressure from the oil giants, President Obama has faced them down and sent a message loud and clear that the people’s health, safety and environment come first.
Please thank the President right away for his courageous decision.
Make no mistake: a no-holds-barred review of the Keystone XL pipeline will reveal that this entire scheme is a boon to Big Oil and a disaster-in-the-making for the rest of us. It would drive more destruction of the Boreal forest, turbo-charge global warming, threaten water supplies in the heartland, raise gas prices and lock America into the dirtiest oil on the planet for decades to come.
We look forward to working with the Obama Administration on a new and thorough review process — one that will, at long last, reveal the true costs of the Keystone XL and the clean energy alternatives that the American people so urgently want and deserve.
I hope you’ll take a moment to savor this inspiring victory — a stunning reversal that Washington pundits swore could never happen. But you never wavered in our just cause. And, in the end, We the People carried the day.
Do not let this day go by without expressing your gratitude to President Obama. It is absolutely imperative that the White House, the media … and, yes, the energy giants … feel an overwhelming surge of popular support for this historic decision.
And thank you for standing with NRDC every step of the way!
One Comment to “VICTORY ON KEYSTONE XL!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.