Feds ignore Gulf of Mexico oil spill in study of risks associated with oil exploration
Published: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 6:50 AM
Updated: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 2:35 PM
By Ben Raines, Press-Register
MOBILE, Alabama — Federal officials chose to exclude the Deepwater Horizon spill from an economic analysis of the risks associated with oil exploration in the Gulf of Mexico, according to a draft document made public Tuesday.
The draft Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement was released for public comment by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management. Regulation and Enforcement.
The document weighs the environmental implications of continued drilling in federal waters between 2012 and 2017.
CONSPIRACY THEORY IN AMERICA
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Vets return to Vietnam, to help clean up the mess they left behind
- Visa quits ALEC
- The stars come out against the Sexton Plan!
- Donors fleeing ALEC over Trayvon Martin’s shooting
- Now you see it, soon you won’t: Welcome to the memory hole
- wombat on What’s the matter with Alabama? Roger Shuler kept in jail indefinitely, paraded into court IN CHAINS
- Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014 :: News … | Save The Pacific Ocean on Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014
- Gus Wynn on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Robin Roland on Score one (at last) for the Election Integrity movement!
- Julie on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- CIA's contra/cocaine scheme was a REAL conspiracy, not a "theory"
- Visa quits ALEC
- Clear Channel ends "Green 960" in San Francisco; KKGN's new line-up will include Glenn Beck
- Here are many MORE things NOT to buy from Koch...
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.