Feds ignore Gulf of Mexico oil spill in study of risks associated with oil exploration
Published: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 6:50 AM
Updated: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 2:35 PM
By Ben Raines, Press-Register
MOBILE, Alabama — Federal officials chose to exclude the Deepwater Horizon spill from an economic analysis of the risks associated with oil exploration in the Gulf of Mexico, according to a draft document made public Tuesday.
The draft Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement was released for public comment by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management. Regulation and Enforcement.
The document weighs the environmental implications of continued drilling in federal waters between 2012 and 2017.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US cops snatch hundreds of millions—legally—from motorists who’ve done no wrong
- Koch fiends in Wisconsin Senate poised to scrap 48-hour wait before handgun purchase
- Comcast throws in the towel, won’t eat Time Warner after all
- “Why Obama Should Pardon Don Siegelman” (Jeffrey Toobin in The New Yorker!)
- California’s not the only one: 40 states will start going dry in next ten years
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11 on
- TEPCO slammed for year-long cover-up of latest radioactive leak on
- If Jeb Bush steals the White House, he’ll cut Medicaid, raise the retirement age, means test Social Security, and…. on
- Don Siegelman won’t be released from prison (WHY won’t Obama pardon him?) on
- Democrats won’t say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein—and neither will Republicans! (How come?) on
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What's up?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.