Feds ignore Gulf of Mexico oil spill in study of risks associated with oil exploration
Published: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 6:50 AM
Updated: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 2:35 PM
By Ben Raines, Press-Register
MOBILE, Alabama — Federal officials chose to exclude the Deepwater Horizon spill from an economic analysis of the risks associated with oil exploration in the Gulf of Mexico, according to a draft document made public Tuesday.
The draft Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement was released for public comment by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management. Regulation and Enforcement.
The document weighs the environmental implications of continued drilling in federal waters between 2012 and 2017.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gitmo on Lake Michigan: Chicago PD’s “black site” is a glaring crime against the Bill of Rights
- New York’s highest court agrees to hear the case against NYU’s lunatic expansion plan
- USA is going all Tonkin Gulf on Russia
- “Christian” school in Texas honors Torturer-in-Chief
- New findings show that charter schools do NOT “perform” as advertised
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Gitmo on Lake Michigan: Chicago PD's "black site" is a glaring crime against the Bill of Rights
- MSNBC will purge its (so-called) "left-wing" hosts
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.