Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being Right Outside Your Window
While nearly all Americans head to family and friends to celebrate Thanksgiving, the Senate is gearing up for a vote on Monday or Tuesday that goes to the very heart of who we are as Americans. The Senate will be voting on a bill that will direct American military resources not at an enemy shooting at our military in a war zone, but at American citizens and other civilians far from any battlefield — even people in the United States itself.
Senators need to hear from you, on whether you think your front yard is part of a “battlefield” and if any president can send the military anywhere in the world to imprison civilians without charge or trial.
The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president—and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world. Even Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) raised his concerns about the NDAA detention provisions during last night’s Republican debate. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself.
One Comment to “US citizens arrested by the Army,
on the “battlefield” that’s right outside
Help the ACLU say NO!”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- WashPost goes all Ministry of Truth on “Putin’s propoganda” [sic]
- PA finds (at least) 243 cases of drinking water poisoned by the frackers
- Where’s the evidence of that “Russian invasion”? US intel officers warn Merkel not to buy it
- Guantanamo defense attorney quits, says case is “stacked”
- What they’re fighting for in East Ukraine (MUST-SEE)
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Pressure at work on “Liberal election fraud running rampant” in Arizona, say Tea-Baggers!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- 6 Big Lies about Ukraine and Russia
- What they're fighting for in East Ukraine (MUST-SEE)
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its "profile" of Vandana Shiva
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.