Don Siegelman: Abramoff’s New Book and What It Reveals About Me and My Case
By Joan Brunwasser (about the author)
My guest today is former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman*. Welcome back to OpEdNews, Don. Jack Abramoff’s got a new book out. What does that have to do with you?
Jack Abramoff, Karl Rove’s bag man, in his new book, confesses that he funneled $20 million dollars into Alabama to defeat me and my education Lottery proposal. I was trying to get a lottery to fund free college education for all Alabama high school graduates. Abramoff says that I was his number one problem and that he had to “stop” me.
Abramoff’s partner was Mike Scanlon, who was my Republican opponent’s former congressional staffer. My opponent Bob Riley had Karl Rove/Abramoff connections before getting into the race against me. I am quite sure he had gotten assurances from Abramoff and Scanlon that they would help him on the front end and, keep in mind, that after I won, the two people who got credit for stealing my election were Dan Gans (a Riley staffer) who went to work for Abramoff immediately after the election and Karl Rove’s partner, Kitty Mc Collough who later got married and changed her name to Kelly Kimbrough…Oh, by the way, it was Karl Rove’s client, the state Attorney General, who started the investigation and it was Karl Rove’s client who stopped me from having a recount after my election was stolen.
Anyway, this is only the tip of the Abramoff/Rove iceberg. We know, for example, that Abramoff was paying George Berger, a political consultant, to help run my opponent’s campaign. He worked out of the offices of the Business Council of Alabama. The other big time political operative who was running my opponent’s campaign was Bill Canary, the husband of my prosecutor. Bill Canary is Rove’s best friend and business partner in Alabama and is President of the Business Council of Alabama.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.