Don Siegelman: Abramoff’s New Book and What It Reveals About Me and My Case
By Joan Brunwasser (about the author)
My guest today is former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman*. Welcome back to OpEdNews, Don. Jack Abramoff’s got a new book out. What does that have to do with you?
Jack Abramoff, Karl Rove’s bag man, in his new book, confesses that he funneled $20 million dollars into Alabama to defeat me and my education Lottery proposal. I was trying to get a lottery to fund free college education for all Alabama high school graduates. Abramoff says that I was his number one problem and that he had to “stop” me.
Abramoff’s partner was Mike Scanlon, who was my Republican opponent’s former congressional staffer. My opponent Bob Riley had Karl Rove/Abramoff connections before getting into the race against me. I am quite sure he had gotten assurances from Abramoff and Scanlon that they would help him on the front end and, keep in mind, that after I won, the two people who got credit for stealing my election were Dan Gans (a Riley staffer) who went to work for Abramoff immediately after the election and Karl Rove’s partner, Kitty Mc Collough who later got married and changed her name to Kelly Kimbrough…Oh, by the way, it was Karl Rove’s client, the state Attorney General, who started the investigation and it was Karl Rove’s client who stopped me from having a recount after my election was stolen.
Anyway, this is only the tip of the Abramoff/Rove iceberg. We know, for example, that Abramoff was paying George Berger, a political consultant, to help run my opponent’s campaign. He worked out of the offices of the Business Council of Alabama. The other big time political operative who was running my opponent’s campaign was Bill Canary, the husband of my prosecutor. Bill Canary is Rove’s best friend and business partner in Alabama and is President of the Business Council of Alabama.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.