Ron Paul On Elizabeth Warren: ‘She’s A Socialist’
The Huffington Post
Luke Johnson | First Posted: 11/8/11 12:15 PM ET Updated: 11/8/11 12:15 PM ET
Texas Rep. Ron Paul called Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren a “socialist” Tuesday in a series of Republican presidential candidate interviews hosted by ABC News and Yahoo!.
Warren drew attention earlier this fall for a video of her speaking to supporters refuting Republican arguments that Democrats were waging “class warfare.”
She said: “No. There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own — nobody.” She said even a factory owner who became wealthy used public goods like roads, police and fire, and public education. She added: “Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea? God bless. Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”
ABC News’ Terry Moran asked Paul why Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren was wrong in her comments. “Because she’s a socialist,” said the libertarian-leaning House member. He added, “her whole argument is absolutely wrong” because “governments are always destructive in the creation of wealth,” according to The Hill. When pressed on whether public education was socialist, Paul said, “When the state runs things, that’s a socialist thing.” He added, “I preach home schooling and private schooling and competition.”
2 Comments to “Ron Paul calls Elizabeth Warren “a socialist””
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.