Recall Walker petitioner removed from Hedberg library entrance
By NEIL JOHNSON ( Contact ) Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2011
JANESVILLE — Officials at Hedberg Public Library on Tuesday had a Recall Walker petitioner removed from where he had set up shop in a covered parking area at the library.
City officials say the library was within its rights in asking the petitioner to leave, and a library official claims recall petitioners had been harassing library patrons in recent days.
Still, the petitioner says he doesn’t understand why he was asked to leave.
Lars Prip of Afton on Tuesday set up a desk with petitions to recall Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker under the covered parking area on the north side of the library.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- “No comparison can be made” between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Nailed by all-white jury for “election fraud,” Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Is that President Obama’s CIA, or the CIA’s President Obama?
- Rudy Giuliani uses Eric Garner’s death to bash the Teachers Union
- Bush/Cheney convicted of war crimes in absentia
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- "No comparison can be made" between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Nailed by all-white jury for "election fraud," Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.