What To Do When They “Let” Us Win Elections
POSTED BY VICTORIA COLLIER 16PC ON NOVEMBER 09, 2011
Yesterday we witnessed an increasingly rare phenomenon: We the People won at the ballot box.
In Ohio and Mississippi voters successfully killed two bills that furthered the Union-Busting, Women-Hating agenda of the extreme right. Senate Bill 5 was defeated by a massive statewide labor coalition, fighting to reclaim their right to collectively bargain in the Buckeye State. In the Bible Belt, women — and more than a few good southern men — stood together to defeat an initiative that would have defined life at the beginning of fertilization, a head-on challenge to Roe v. Wade and a woman’s right to choose.
We’re happy, of course, for the workers of Ohio who still own their voices, and the women in Mississippi who still own their bodies. But there’s a real downside to yesterday’s news for progressive-minded Election Integrity activists.
Every time “our side” wins at the voting booth, it becomes much more difficult to talk about our favorite topic: computerized election fraud.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.