Republican Party plans to name poll workers across state
CLAY BARBOUR | email@example.com | 608-252-6129 |
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:00 am
The Republican Party of Wisconsin is planning a concerted effort this year to make sure it is represented at polling locations across the state, making use of a little-known state law that allows the parties to name poll workers.
The law, which had been used only sporadically before, allows political parties to submit lists of poll workers to municipal clerks, a rule intended to give each party representation at polling locations to oversee the accuracy of the process.
Clerks must choose workers from the submitted lists, the breakdown of which is based on the number of votes each party’s candidate received at that polling place in the previous gubernatorial or presidential election.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.