Italy’s new era: Not a single elected politician
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
By Bruno Waterfield and James Kirkup, The Daily Telegraph
Italy’s new prime minister selected his new government on Wednesday – a team of ministers that does not include a single elected politician.
Mario Monti, the economist appointed this week to enact a European Union austerity plan for Italy, named academics and business leaders to run his ministries.
The absence of politicians will “remove one ground for disagreement” as the government tries to reassure markets that Italy can pay its debts, he said.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.