But it sure will help discredit the whole movement, if the corporate press has anything to say about it…
Shots fired near ‘Occupy Oakland,’ one dead
Updated at 07:00 PM today
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) — One person has been killed after a gunfight near the Occupy Oakland camp at Frank Ogawa Plaza Thursday evening.
Six gunshots rang out shortly before 5 p.m. several feet from the 12th Street BART station adjacent to the plaza where Occupy protesters have set up camp.
Several people on Twitter said the victim was not related to the Occupy Oakland movement, but a person acting as a spokesperson for the protesters told ABC7 the victim may have been hiding out from a person or a group of people at the encampment shortly before the incident.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.