Former Dem Rep. Artur Davis Still Wouldn’t Provide Examples Of Voter Fraud
Description: Former Dem Rep. Artur Davis Still Wouldn’t Provide Examples Of Voter Fraud
Ryan J. ReillyNovember 22, 2011, 5:30 PM
Former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, who now supports voter ID laws as a method of preventing voter fraud but refuses to discuss any particular instances he says he witnessed, is again declining to provide any examples of voter fraud he witnessed, claiming doing so would turn the debate over voter ID laws into a ‘he-said-he-said’ controversy.
“If you think I made it up, you’re entitled to do that, and if you think there’s no credibility and I just made it up because I had nothing to do some day, that’s your prerogative,” Davis told TPM in a phone interview on Tuesday.
We gave Davis a ring after we saw his interview with the Daily Caller in which the former Alabama Representative suggested that rather than disenfranchising African-American voters — as most voting rights experts agree voter ID laws could — such laws were necessary to protect black voters from corrupt political bosses in his home state.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Richard Charnin
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.