The Billionaire Stumbles: Bloomberg Uses “Terrorism” Charge as Distraction and Gets Pepper Sprayed by the FBI
Submitted by BuzzFlash on Wed, 11/23/2011 – 3:34pm.
MARK KARLIN, EDITOR OF BUZZFLASH AT TRUTHOUT
Despite the attempt to create a sense of televised urgency with Michael Bloomberg starring as the savior of the public from an imminent “terrorist attack” by NYC resident Jose Pimental, this past Sunday’s NYC news event — co-starring the NYPD police commissoner — was another failed attempt to shore up the multi-billionaire mayor’s plummeting image.
Bloomberg — who wore a golf course orange sweater and khakis no doubt to emphasize that the “foiled” terrorist plot was so significant that he had just rushed from the links to “reassure” the public that his adroitness and tenacity as a “protector” of public safety extended beyond thousands of arrests of peaceful non-violent protestors, millions of dollars of taxpayer money spent on using the NYPD as a thuggish security force for the 1%, and smashing Liberty Park to smithereens like a tin horn dictator on a rampage — even wantonly permitting the destruction of the OWS library in a “1984” like gesture of contempt.
The only problem for Bloomberg was that the FBI — and by implication the Department of Homeland Security — pepper sprayed the notion that Pimental was any imminent threat to anybody. It is rather unusual for the FBI to actively take down a government official through the media over “terrorism,” but in this case the Associated Press reported that the FBI thought Pimental was not worthy of arrest. In fact, terrorism charges almost always come through federal apprehension, which was a tip off that something was amiss in that Pimental was seized by the NYPD and charged by a New York City district attorney.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.