FBI Claims It Does Not Have Any Documents on Occupy Wall Street
Tuesday 22 November 2011
by: Jason Leopold, Truthout | Report
The Department of Homeland Security says it is processing a separate FOIA request Truthout files with the agency in October for documents pertaining to Occupy Wall Street.
FBI headquarters in Washington, DC claims it can’t find any internal documents the agency may have on the protest movement known as Occupy Wall Street, according to a letter the agency sent to Truthout in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
Truthout filed a FOIA request with the FBI on October 31, seeking a wide-range of documents, including “emails, memos, audio/video, transcripts, reports, threat assessments,” in which Occupy Wall Street was discussed internally by agency officers and/or senior officials and/or any correspondence the agency had about the protest movement with local law enforcement and/or with local government officials.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.