Right Wing Christians Mobilize Prayer Teams to Pray Away Occupy Wall Street
November 12, 2011
By Hrafnkell Haraldsson
Or, Welcome to the Autumn of Hate
What they fear and fantasize about
Once there was a summer of love. People were protesting not to take rights away, not to hate, but to grant rights – and to love. Welcome almost half a century later to the winter of hate.
The Family Research Council, which likes to claim it advances “faith, family and freedom” as “core values” doesn’t actually care much for freedom. The FRC wants God to do away with the evil rabble occupying Wall Street. But what are the protestors doing after all but protesting on behalf of their – and our – freedom? Significantly, FRC wants to pray the whole thing away, rather like similar prayer movements have prayed gasoline back down to a dollar a gallon. As Rick Perry would say, “Ooops.” Never mind….
Okay, so since the gas thing didn’t work out, how about “labor unions, liberal mayors, governors, the White House, the American Nazi and Communist parties, ACORN, Hollywood entertainers [sic] and a long list of supra-liberal and liberal groups” including a nonexistent “liberal media”? Maybe sky gods have different priorities than those who profess to be his earthly agents. Maybe gas wasn’t important to Him but liberal rabble will successfully catch his attention. Maybe?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.