Tuesday 25 October 2011
Glenn Greenwald: Why Is the Elite Class Protected Under America’s Justice System?
by: Mark Karlin, Truthout | Interview
Receive Glenn Greenwald’s book, “With Liberty and Justice for Some” by making a minimum one-time donation of $35, or a monthly commitment of $10 or more to Truthout.
Mark Karlin: Although your book, “With Liberty and Justice for Some: How the Law Is Used to Destroy Equality and Protect the Powerful,” is primarily on the increasingly adverse climate for civil liberties at the federal level, needless to say, your title seems made to order for what is happening with Occupy Wall Street. Protesters are getting arrested, while the elite perpetrators of Wall Street malfeasance and fraud go free. Is this a localized application of “how the law is used to destroy equality and protect the powerful”?
One Comment to ““With Liberty and Justice for Some”: Glenn Greenwald on how the law serves to destroy equality, protect the powerful”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.