Churches consider response to concealed carry
By Annysa Johnson of the Journal Sentinel
Oct. 29, 2011
Come Tuesday, when Wisconsin’s concealed-carry law takes effect, anyone entering Jackson Park Lutheran Church should leave their weapons at home. Soon, the south side church will be posting a sign that says, in effect: The only thing you ought to be packing in this house of God is your prayer books.
Religious institutions, many of which had opposed the concealed-carry legislation, must now decide whether to post signs barring weapons from their premises – knowing that the signs could expose them to greater legal liability.
Some are opting out, saying posting signs won’t protect worshippers from those hellbent on harm.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.