OCCUPY WALL STREET
A Protester’s Account of This Weekend’s Citibank Arrests
Citibank’s gotten the chance to tell its side of the story regarding the arrest of 24 people—including the woman in this video, an account-holder, who appears to be dragged back inside the bank—at one of its New York City branches on Saturday. Here’s one protester’s version of the events.
This account is by Elana Carroll (that’s her in the above photograph, taken by the AP’s John Minchillo on Saturday), a friend of mine who was among the people arrested at the Greenwich Village Citibank. I’ve slightly edited her story for clarity.
The woman from the video who got arrested had originally entered the bank with us as a part of our group (our group had met about 20 minutes before in Washington Square Park). She and a few people (although I’m not sure how many exactly) closed their accounts while the rest of us were listening to the stories we were sharing. When we were asked to leave by management, she and a few others walked out. The man in the video in the hoodie who grabs her is a plain-clothes cop who was with us when he entered the bank. Whether he was with us since our meeting at Washington Square, I don’t know, but other people with us have said they saw him with us earlier.
One Comment to “What happened at the Citibank on LaGuardia Place? A protester’s account”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.