From Ken Anderson:
Check out this story on the DOE funding the Fisker Karma electric car.
ABC misrepresents the loan, implying, in its video report, that the money’s
going to Finland. As their own article makes clear (way down at the end),
the money will be used to build the plant in Delaware.
Nonetheless, there are some edifying quotes here that relate directly to
the decades of disinvestment and deindustrialization by US corporations:
Vice President Joseph Biden heralded the Energy Department’s $529
million loan to the start-up electric car company called Fisker as a bright
new path to thousands of American manufacturing jobs. But two years after
the loan was announced, the company’s manufacturing jobs are still limited
to the assembly of the flashy electric Fisker Karma sports car in Finland.
“There was no contract manufacturer in the U.S. that could actually
produce our vehicle,” the car company’s founder and namesake told ABC
News. “They don’t exist here.”
“We’re not in the business of failing; we’re in the business of winning. So
we make the right decision for the business. That’s why we went to Finland.”
Ahh, the New New American Century. The US can build the most sophisticated
aerial robot death-machines on the planet, but cannot build an electric car.
By the way, if you’ve never seen “Who Killed the Electric Car,” check it
out. Excellent doc, and must see teevee.
Car Company Gets U.S. Loan, Builds Cars In Finland
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.