How is most news paid for these days? With television ads. If you watch the Sunday shows, supposedly the most important shows for the politicians and lobbyists inside the beltway in Washington, DC, you’ll see them sponsored by the biggest banks, weapons manufactures and chemical companies in the world.
In keeping with the times, we believe we have a better model – we ask our readers to support our work directly. If it’s good, people who read it and share it will want to keep it going. This model cuts out the corporations, the consumerism and the influence of these forces on the news we bring you.
We need your support to keep this model going. There’s a lot going on and we’re working hard to stay in the middle of it, but we can only do so with your support. We’re trying to make this the last day of our fundraiser. Can you help? We still have about $9,500 to raise.
(Truthout is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. EIN: 20-0031641)
Truthout, P.O. Box 276414, Sacramento, CA 95827
(Please help us go green by including your email address on your check.)
Or call in your donation: (213) 489-1971
Thank you to all who have already donated!
Maya Schenwar, Executive Director and Matt Renner, Director of Development
Support Truthout with a tax-deductible donation by clicking here.
To ensure you receive our messages please add the following address to your email address book: firstname.lastname@example.org
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.