Today, the New York Daily News’s Michael O’Keeffe explained some of the parralels between Battle for Brooklyn and Occupy Wall Street. We’ve been waiting for someone to notice.
Now we are back in Brooklyn and back on screen tomorrow at Brooklyn Heights Cinema – 70 Henry St. at 7pm . It will run every Wednesday for the time being.
The recent West Coast tour was amazing, and we had engaged audiences and powerful q and a’s at every event.
About Battle, Charles Mudede wrote in the Stranger, “The documentary is fair and engaging from beginning to end.”
The film also got a rave in the Seattle Times.
Upcoming screenngs include:
– Pittsuburgh at Three Rivers Film Festival on Saturday, November 12.
Yahoo review from LA
Shockya review by LA Film Critics Circle President
LA Times Review
New York Daily News – FOUR STARS ****
New York Magazine
Time Out New York – FOUR STARS ****
The Wall Street Journal
NY Daily News
New York Press
|ABOUT THE FILM|
BATTLE FOR BROOKLYN is an intimate look at the very public and passionate fight waged by residents and business owners of Brooklyn’s historic Prospect Heights neighborhood facing condemnation of their property to make way for the polarizing Atlantic Yards project, a massive plan to build 16 skyscrapers and a basketball arena for the New Jersey Nets. The film focuses on graphic designer Daniel Goldstein whose apartment sits at what would be center court of the new arena. A reluctant activist, Daniel is dragged into the fight because he can’t accept that the government should use the power of Eminent Domain to take his new apartment and hand it off to a private developer, Forest City Ratner. The effort to stop the project pits him and his neighbors against Ratner and an entourage of lawyers and public relations emissaries, the government, and other residents who want the construction jobs, the basketball team, and the additional housing that the project might produce.
For more information visit BattleforBrooklyn.com
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.