News Corp.’s Murdoch heckled during Calif. speech
Friday, October 14, 2011
(10-14) 10:24 PDT San Francisco (AP)
Protesters associated with the Occupy Wall Street movement heckled News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch during a speech at an education forum in San Francisco.
Murdoch was repeatedly interrupted Friday as he talked at a downtown hotel about technology’s role in improving the country’s public education system.
Protesters accused Murdoch of trying to profit from the public education system. About half a dozen people were escorted out of the hotel, but they said they were not arrested.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- t r u t h o u t
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.