Video w/ explanatory voice-over:
Are they TRYING to set the scene for an #OccupyDNC2012? If so, it’s working…
Once again, late last night, as is becoming a too-regular nightly ritual, after the 11p news was over, police moved in again to violate the Constitutional First Amendment right “of the people peaceably to assemble”. And, for the second night in a row, late last night in Oakland, CA, it resembled a war zone as police in riot gear unleashed a punishing onslaught of flash-bang grenades, rubber bullets and tear gas — hour after hour, round after round — injuring demonstrators, including women, the disabled and even Iraq War veterans…
Unlike the police in Albany a few nights ago, where they defied orders from NY’s Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo to arrest demonstrators, and more like Chicago where the police followed the advice of Democratic Mayor Rahm Emanuel to break down the demonstrations over the weekend and haul more than 175 in, the Oakland Police Department, with the approval of Democratic Mayor Jean Quan, unleashed a punishing assault on those gathered “to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
The results were horrific, according to video, photos and eye-witness reports as it all happened and was reported on Twitter, including this scene appearing to show a member of Veterans for Peace knocked out by either a concussive grenade or a tear gas canister or a rubber bullet, and being carried away…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=8869
2 Comments to “Riot cops take Oakland (2 items)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.