Phew! Now I can start sending/blogging/tweeting HuffPost’s stuff again!
National Writers Union & Newspaper Guild End Huffington Post Boycott
By Jason Boog on October 21, 2011 5:15 PM
The National Writers Union (NWU)/UAW Local 1981 has ended its boycott of The Huffington Post.
The Newspaper Guild has also stopped the boycott, writing: “We have asked, from the beginning, that Arianna Huffington and her staff meet with us to discuss the need for a model that compensates journalists for their efforts. Such meetings have now taken place, and the company has publicly pledged to work with us to resolve our differences. We are pleased to see HuffPost leaders stating so clearly the importance of paid journalism, not only to our society as a whole, but to their own business model.”
The NWU will continue to grow its Pay The Writer! campaign to create better pay scales for online writers. The boycott began in the spring as Newspaper Guild and other groups called for a writers strike in the wake of The Huffington Post’s $315 million sale to AOL.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.